Thread: Games: What games are you currently playing? [OT!]

  1. #2471
    Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2004
    Posts
    7,236
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That was only because your Nvidia video card was unable to show it, try it out now, with your Ati radeon, it'll work fine.

  2. #2472
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IRT Ral-kun: NiGHTS has appeared in most of Sonic Team's recent games. Sonic Heroes was the only exception, i think. Cameos are just cameos. It's not like they down grade the game.

  3. #2473
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IRT HK: Download the latest drivers and search the intarweb, I'm sure there's a solution for your problem if your video card is not too old.

    IRT Dreamer: nVidia and ATI both have dozens of models, old and new. It's very unfair to compare an old model from one with a new model from another. nVidias are not, by any means, bad video cards, and lately, they have been doing really good. While I went for ATI's last generation, I have gone for nVidia's this time and I haven't looked back. (I'm happier with nVidia's drivers and support than I ever was with ATI's.)

  4. #2474
    Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2004
    Posts
    7,236
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IRT Wiseman: I mean his nVidia was unable to show it, dunno why, because it's old or ebcause it's glitchy or because it simply was unable to, I'm only saying that HK should try it out now that he has that new video card, and it will work... if I'm wrong and it won't, it's probably a glitch in the game I don't expirience...

  5. #2475
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    nVidia sucks anyway. ATI is the wave of the future.

  6. #2476
    Senior Hostboard Member Hell Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2004
    Posts
    2,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yups, my earlier card was a total failure(gforce 4 mx 440). This Ati Radeon 9600 is an awesome card. Much better performance. And I tried out everything with that card wise. I guess it was not supported or it was a bad card for Project IGI

  7. #2477
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IRT OCB: Compare nVidia's 6800 and ATI's X800. I did, and I personally found ATI's anisotropic and mipmap rendering better looking, but nVidia's NV40 performing better, and more cost-effective.


    IRT HK: Let's see, you're comparing a very old low end nVidia card with a current generation low end ATI card. You should compare the GeForce 2 MX with an ATI Radeon 7000, which was the same generation and price. nVidia's FX 57/9xx series, comparable to what you've got, will offer similar performance and features than your new ATI card. For this generation, though, I found the ATI Radeon 9600 Pro a more cost-effective option.


    So the bottom line is: don't be a fanboy, that's for retards. Leave that for AOLers and tards. Don't compare or consider nVidia vs ATI. Compare their models, divide what you get by the price you pay, and do what you must - get the most of your money's worth and have a lot of fun.

  8. #2478
    Senior Hostboard Member Hell Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2004
    Posts
    2,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm not saying anything bad about nvidia. Their cards has positive and negative sides as well. And so does Ati. I like ati better, that's all.

  9. #2479
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    nVidia cards are fine. Only problem is it's next to impossible to update the drivers. And the last software they provided screwed up my sound card.

    It's the service they provide that i hate. Not the product.

  10. #2480
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh, perhaps I can help there. After getting it to work with the (always outdated) drivers in the CD that came with the card, I upgraded them to some drivers I saw fit - Regeneration's NGO optimized drivers. They were a small (under 2 MB) download that updated just the drivers and work wonders (at least with 6xxx series, but it's supposed to work for all GeForce cards). I didn't have to uninstall or change anything - just download the file, run the installer, and reboot once. The control panel and your favorite options are kept even if you had older ForceWare drivers.

    You can get NGO's good stuff in their site [ http://www.ngohq.com ]. If you see bugs you can describe you can drop them a line, they'll like it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •